It is Done. Orig...I hate cars/cv axle replacement

How about this - remove the two 13mm nuts on the top of the upper strut
bushing and let the control arm drop down.  Would the spring/strut assembly
be able to move down and away from the engine in the fender well enough to
pull the axle out of the hub?