It is Done. Orig...I hate cars/cv axle replacement

On 5/15/06, David Brown <sharpshooter33@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Yes the ball joints do have to be removed on driver side to get
> clearance.  It's still a crappy job. Have to pry quite a bit to get the ball
> joints out.  A job I don't want to do again anytime soon!!!

I have a smallish cold chisel that I tap into the clamp on the housing that
the ball joint slips into.  This spreads the clamp enough that the ball
joint drops right out - well, it would if there was no front sway bar on the
car.  With a sway bar you have to pry the control arm down.

Drew

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
77 Scirocco project - the next GTD?
99 A3 Jetta GL TDI (hers) 02 Jetta GLS TDI (Bloatware)
At the time this email was written there were only
0 months, 17 days, 15 hours, and 50 minutes until Cincy2K+6!  Have YOU
packed yet?