bogging down above 5K RPM

ok, so the car (87 16V ) runs like crap above 5K rpm

i have replaced the fuel pumps, cap, and rotor.

next job is the coil, wires, and plugs

PO told me it was the fuel pump, so being stupid old me, i replaced it no
change.
replaced the cap and rotor and i can get to 6K SOMETIMES

could it be the coil, wires, or plugs?

there is a spare set of wires in teh trunk, and they have some funky sensor
on #1 i guess it is. is this wired for a 2.0 motronic 16V?

i need guidance, its been a while since i have had to diagnose a poorly
running vehicle...