bogging down above 5K RPM

I've had a similar problem with a 16V.  Replace the coil.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason" <verboten@michiganvw.org>
To: "Scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:29 AM
Subject: bogging down above 5K RPM

ok, so the car (87 16V ) runs like crap above 5K rpm

i have replaced the fuel pumps, cap, and rotor.

next job is the coil, wires, and plugs

PO told me it was the fuel pump, so being stupid old me, i replaced it no
change.
replaced the cap and rotor and i can get to 6K SOMETIMES

could it be the coil, wires, or plugs?

there is a spare set of wires in teh trunk, and they have some funky sensor
on #1 i guess it is. is this wired for a 2.0 motronic 16V?

i need guidance, its been a while since i have had to diagnose a poorly
running vehicle...