Can I use PVC in a coolant hose?

As someone with plumbing knowledge, I would not use PVC. It is not
rated for hot water.  That's why there is CPVC.  On the car I would look
at copper or brass.  As for the EZ sweat fittings, just heat them up and
wick out the solder(with an old piece of wire, maybe frayed very slightly
and fluxed.)  The solder will run right up the wire, and out of the fitting.

John