Can I use PVC in a coolant hose?

I don't think the PVC will be good.  I think there is a PVC for hot water,
call CPVC.  This is made for hot water in your house.  House water from a
water heater is not boiling.  The coolant in a typical engine can easily
past the boiling point. And the underhood temps could be even higher.  I
guess one way to test this is take a piece of PVC and throw it into a pot of
boiling water for a while and see if it gets soft or changes.

Good Luck.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
95 Passat GLX
Second Owner

Timbo wrote:
> I did this - thinking it was pretty frikin slick...

http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/EFI/pics/wir
ing1/CLT.jpg