UPDATE: '80 Mk1 Indiana Red for sale

I asked the guy about a possible repaint and this is
his reply:

**************************************
I don't think that the whole thing was resprayed, but
there is a spot below the driver side tail light that
has been repainted and the front edge of the hood
looks repainted when you look very close.  The rest of
the paint beads water, looks glossy and good, but
there are various little scratches, scrapes and dings
here and there.  The body is good, but by no means
perfect.  I would say that the best thing about the
car is the engine and electrical system, then the
interior, and then the body.  Both doors, the hood,
and the hatch all open and close like new.  All
switches, handles, and locks work like new.  Much
better quality than any rabbit I have ever owned.
Very solid all the way around.  All seals are perfect
and no rain water leaks into the car like it does in
most Rabbits.
***************************************

So I don't know.  Like I said earlier, Gordy has
volunteered to check it out for me.  I mean, let's be
honest - so much of it is about the rust for me.  I
want (need!) to avoid the dreaded MK1 rustbucket
scene.  I am not talented like Jules with a welder and
such.

And besides, I have a PG engine or that 3A/JH that I
could throw up in there.  I think it would scoot with
either, to be honest.  Like, fa shizzle my rocizzle.
(did I type that??)