UPDATE: '80 Mk1 Indiana Red for sale

Phil, I understand the passion behind this.  I really wanted a MKI, but the
rust problems and parts availability killed it for me.  Mostly the rust.
I'd be happy with a shell with no mechanicals or a non-running car but rust
is just a deal breaker.  I hope this car is really rust free, but whenever
you have a repaint -even a partial one- there's the likelihood that rust was
either (a) covered up and will bubble up soon enough or (b) will appear due
to stressed or welded metal that lost its original paint, galvanization,
cavity wax and/or shutz (rubber coating, such as the chassis and
wheelwells).

So, please be sure that it's looked over by someone who understands bodywork
or just accept the fact that you might have rust where you can't yet see it.
(not a comment about Gordy's qualifications, just a comment in general)

Still, it seems like a great deal for a special car.

Jim