Need opinions on the '80 Mk1 Indiana Red for sale

I am considering buying this Mk1 from the guy in
Oregon.  I wanted to ask what others thought about
this - it would be my first Mk1.  The sale was posted
to the List about a week ago:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2485039

Plans would be to dump the 3A/JH Eurospec head engine
from the pewter '84.5 into it with a 4K and Peloquin
in the future.  I'd like to run this thing for
autocrossing, to be exact about it.

So if anyone has any CONS on the sale, please let me
know.

-Phil