stupid question about stainless brake lines

Scirocco's have rubber hoses at the points where they need to flex. Between the caliper on the front wheel and the solid lines that come from the engine bay, also on the rear at the pivot point for the rear beam.

The basic idea behind the braided lines is to stop the tubes expanding as you apply pressure on the brakes. this will give the brake pedal a better feel as there is less wasted energy, more force is going to the caliper.

Hope this helps,
Adam.