Grounding question for my rear battery setup

On 3/13/06, GGehrke <ggehrke@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm about to finish planning my electrical system and start
> ordering parts and have a question about the grounding system...
>
> I'm putting the battery in the rear and running a beef power cable up
> front to a distribution block where the battery used to sit.

I have a better solution for you.  Buy a 11.5lb Braille battery from
(sorta) lister Scott Williams, and leave it in the front.

Here: <http://usrallyteam.com/braille.html>

The problem with relocating a traditional battery to the rear is that
you're actually adding weight to the car.  All that heavy gauge wire
to the rear adds up.  It's also a pain in the ass, and takes up
valuable trunk space.  You have to build/buy a bulky battery box, and
if you don't use a dry-cell (like an even heavier Optima) you have to
vent that box...

I have had a Braille battery installed for a year now, and it's great!
 Even when it's cold out, it starts up no problem.  IMHO it's the best
solution - not only does it remove 25+ pounds from the left front
corner of the car, it removes 25+ pounds from the *entire* car...

HTH,

Mark.
75
82