New to List, needing a little info

    Everyone has been real helpful with advice unlike with other lists I'll not mention.  So here's the current story:

    Previous owner put in 10.1 front hubs and Mk2 suspension all around.  Struts are white, springs are red, don't recognize either.  There is a chance that the MC was also swapped from the Mk2 donor, but I'm not sure.  I have the GTI MC but seeing as the car worked fine with the swapped rear discs once I was done, I left it alone.  I even swapped the E-Brake cables and only needed to cut away some of the shroud for them to fit up nice and tight.  Al's message mentions a proportioning valve and I haven't seen it on the car.  Where is it supposed to be and what does it look like.  There is a chance the P.O. did something with it.  I was a more then a little surprised that the rear springs were so flexible but it certainly explains the body roll

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/285361.jpg

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/285362.jpg

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/285363.jpg

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/285364.jpg

I'll assume that the front springs are just as soft and need to go.  In the hopes of fixing the problem I installed Boge (now Sachs) front strut inserts courtesy of Techtonics.  I'd have bought bilsteins but couldn't justify the price... yet.  I feel almost no difference and suspect that the inserts I took out were also Boge's (now Sachs) and not the problem.  Dang, wasted effort, costs and an alignment for nothing.  Well not nothing, I did get 0.5 degrees of toe out just to see what it would do.  On a side note, unless you have a reason for it, don't get 0.5 degrees of toe out... it's just weird.  So, originally I tried to fit up the Eibach/Koni's and the struts weren't right, put back stock, ruined the alignment and then swapped in the new ones when they arrived and got the alignment.  I'm going to sell them because they aren't old, they're real stiff, and I don't want to tear them apart just for the springs that'll get my car all lifted 5 inches.  On the other hand, one of the cars I've already ripped apart is that 91 8V golf that has dead shocks.  Struts are green, springs are black.  I have the springs here and they don't flex at all when I squeeze them.  I'll try to fit up the rears and take some pics for the list and the sake of posterity.  You can all laugh if it looks funny.  If it works, and doesn't look ridiculous then I'll put in the fronts, and get 0.5 degrees of toe in when I get aligned.  After that I start buying new stuff just to be done with it.  Free is afterall the best price, but free and worthless, if it works is even better.
    On another note, I have a not so new problem that annoyed me more then usual today.  I have an intermittent hot stall, and a low gear, high rev popping.  I think the two problems are connected to fuel.  I know less then nothing about the digifant 2 system.  The stalling is completely random and I think it's a wire somewhere that's grounding out, unless it's something to do with the computer.  sometimes I'll be sitting at idle and it will die, sometimes I'll be at full throttle in fifth at 4 grand and the Tach drops to 0.  I'll usually restart before I drop down to somewhere within the speed limit if I leave it in gear and coast, but it's still annoying.  To honest?  I've removed the Fuel accumulator and that didn't help. I've changed the fuel filter, and that didn't help.  Could it be the fuel pump is dying, or maybe it's an ignition control problem.  I'm stumped.  The high rev popping, I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas.  I don't know where to begin looking.  It's hurting my lap times.  Well I might go to the El Paso Solo event tomorrow real early.  I'll see how much it slows me down if I go.

    Thanks for letting me pick your brains.  And if anyone needs A2 parts, I know someone selling a ton of junk.  Also he has an extra 16V head that's been sitting for a long time and a complete G60 block, head, supercharger all apart ready to ship.  I'd assume it all needs to be rebuilt.

      Rave Racer
'81 Scirocco Mk1 1.8L 8V Digifant 2
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX  gone but not forgotten
'87 Audi 4000 Quattro Sedan
 http://www.audifans.com/registry/view.php?action=viewCar&carid=110
'72 Triumph GT6
 http://www.triumphowners.com/uploaded/34/50-50-111014_20raveracer-gt6-1.jpg
'83 Toyota Tercel (yoda)    ...is no more

http://spaces.msn.com/raveracer77/photos/