New to List, needing a little info

Welcome to the list!  Sounds like previous owner swapped in some MK2 16V
parts which is always a good thing.  The MK1 and MK2 scirocco share the same
A1 chassis so *almost* everything is interchangeable.  I have no clue on
spring rates and can only guess that they were adjusted between MK1 and MK2
since the MK2 is heftier.  I think the 16V had a sportier suspension set up
vs the 8V.  The A2 golf chassis has a different front suspension set up so a
direct swap can not be made.  Never tried to use just the A2 front strut
inserts but am guessing it will not fit.  Nice upgrade to the rear disks.
If you did not know it is advisable to also swap in the larger master
cylinder, the proportioning valves, larger brake booster and I have heard
that the pedal cluster has a better clutch pedal worth swapping in.  This
applies to the 16V scirocco but I think the 16V GTI also shared these
parts.  Try and save up for some new springs and shocks.  Used ones are
usually crap so don't waste your money when they show up on Ebay, Craig's
List or the local swap meet.  Good luck on your engine swap.  If you have
any problems just ask the list.  I think a couple of us on here have done
the 16V swap one or twice :)

 --
Gordy
MK1 x 4