Cinci only East

Before anything is said I want to pay homage to Daun
and his family for doing everything Scirocco to bring
folks together every year.  Thank you for making such
efforts.  I plan to be at as many Cinci's as you are
willing to host.

http://www.fototime.com/{80474E08-7E1C-41B7-B4BF-5EE19CD1C31C}/picture.JPG

More pics to come.

 I want to do the same thing as Cinci, but in the
east. For those of you who have not been to my house
yet, I live on sixty acres of waterfront on the
Patuxent River in Maryland.  I am about an hour south
of the Capitol Beltway , and about 45  minutes from
the rt 301 Harry Nice MD/VA bridge if you would be
coming from VA.
Directions as follows;
Address is
45650 Clearbrook Lane
California MD, 20619
My cell #301-247-9353(Brian Page- for those of you who
don?t know me)

 From Washington DC beltway take Pennsylvania ave exit
heading south(rt4).  Follow rt4 all the way south
through calvert county until you come to a huge tall
bridge at the southern end.  Once across it follow it
for about another two miles and turn right onto
Patuxent Blvd.(DO NOT turn onto North Patuxent Beach
rd right after the bridge!!)  Follow Patuxent blvd
about 1 mile and look for Clearbrook Lane on the
right.  There is a VW symbol on the sign and it is in
the middle of the huge fields on the right. Follow
that dirt road to the festivities.

>From rt 301 bridge crossing the Potomac River, for
those of you coming from the south.  Once you come
into MD go about 5 or 8 miles and turn right onto rt
234.  There will be an old ?white house? motel on the
corner.  Follow rt 234 until it merges onto rt 5
heading south into Leonardtown, MD.  You will be on rt
5 until about a mile after you leave Leonardtown and
then you will turn left onto rt 4.  Follow rt4 until
it crosses rt 235.  After this light you will go about
a mile and turn left onto Patuxent Blvd.  Follow this
1 mile to Clearbrook Lane on the right.  Look for the
VW symbol on the streetsign.

Guests will be invited to show up as early as Friday
afternoon and leave as late as Monday morning.  Anyone
who would like to, will be able to pitch a tent and
camp out all weekend. (campers and RV?s will be
welcome too, but be careful not to get them stuck!)  I
have more than enough mowed field around my house for
oodles of Sciroccos and tents. Although if one wishes
for some privacy, there are lots of places on the
property one could set up camp. As long as the guest
numbers don?t get too ridiculous, all that I can
accommodate will be welcome to use the bathroom in my
house.  If it looks like the numbers are going to get
huge, I will bring in a porta poddy, and only the
ladies will be allowed to use the facilities in the
house.  The men who are camping will be reduced to
cold hose showers and using the porta pot.  Sorry
guys. For those who like the feel of a bed and a
shower, there is a really nice, waterfront, bed and
breakfast a couple hundred yards down the street, and
there are hotels in both directions less than five
minutes away. If people post interest I could probably
get a group rate at a very close hotel and/or the bed
and breakfast. If you are drinking, I would advise you
venture off the premesis with caution.  Johnny law is
very present on my road because people are always
racing on it.  The bed and breakfast would be a good
call for those of you who are drinking AND require a
bed as it is so close you can almost spit to it from
the waterfront end of my property.
	I also have a three acre white sandy beach in front
of the house.  By this gathering I hope to have a
volleyball net set up, and the old skool jet ski is
already running and ready.  Camping, and bonfires will
also be welcome on the beach.  Please also feel free
to bring your fishing poles and crab nets.(eighteen
inch rocks have been caught off the causeway)  There
is also a 200 acre waterfront state park literally
thirty seconds down the street.  Anyone who wants to
will be welcome by the state of Maryland to hit some
of those beaches too.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/vwleadfoot/012906031.jpg
	Festivities will also include a shootout of good
drivers on my Gran Tourismo 4 driving seat.  It is a
BMW 3 series leather seat with full power and a
battery sitting next to it.  It is bolted to a mount
for the steering wheel and parked in front of a
playstation and a 25 inch TV.  The idea will be to
pick a car and a track, and he/she who lays down the
time that noone can beat gets bragging rights.
	Tech will be another thing.  I have a three thousand
square foot garage and plenty of tools,
jackstands,etc.  Please do bring some basic tools, but
I will have all the heavy duty stuff on hand.  Anyone
who would like to will be welcome to pull their
Scirocco in and do something to it.  For the purpose
of it being an enjoyable weekend though, lets keep the
jobs relatively simple. I might even have another
buffalo ready for pickin by then.  Whatever will help
any Scirocco last longer

er
. or get home.
	I am wide open for dates, but would like to have it
on any weekend after the second to last weekend of
July, until August 12-13th.  (My preference would be
for august 12-13th  because Kristin is leaving for a
while after that weekend.)  Please post up about
whenever you think the date should be. But also
consider that there are others who have welcomed us to
join them for dates they?ve already picked.  Someone
posted something about doing something aug 18-20 in NC
and Daun told me at Cincy that Cathy(IIRC) is holding
some sort of track day in Ontario the weekend of the
12-13th .  I do not want to take away from other
events already scheduled.
	I would like for this event to be similar to Cincy in
that it is not a show.  It is simply a gathering of
the characters that the cars bring together.  All
other cars will be welcomed.  Please post up and put
in your thoughts, dates, and weather or not you will
be able to come. And BTW, I would like for the
Scirocco III people to show up too.  They will not
have to park in the Kia section.  They just didn?t get
the name right, that?s all.

Brian