the "I made it home OK" thread

Well, 1 CV-joint replacement, about 1qt of oil total, 6 days, 2678mi., and a
mere 60 US gal of diesel (I still have a 1/4 tank left- for a total-trip MPG
of: ___48.7mpg___), and I made it home last night at 8:45pm with no
'bag-of-chips' and aside from the *new* CV starting to click about 35mi into
my trip home yesterday morning (I found out that if I turn the wheel sharply
in both directions - it stopped - odd....), my trip was uneventful aside
from beautiful scenery and some 5&10% grades o_O - those were fun.

--------

-Pics will be posted up later today or tonight-

--------

- A _HUGE_ thank-you to Daun & the Yeagleys for once again allowing us to
inundate their home and yard for another year.

- Sorry I couldn't make it out on Sunday to see anyone off, but I knew we
were already going to be pushing ~9pm getting back to NC (and I was
right)....

- Foxx in a Box: This guy is just awesome, what more can I say?

- Andy: Thanks for helping out with my super-fast-CV-change!

- The 'Regulars': It's always so cool to get to hang out with you guys every
year, this year was definitely no exception.

- Cathy: Your photos and art-work is great! Keep it up!

...I know I'm leaving folks/stuff out - but it's 0847 in the morning and I
would *REALLY* rather be back out on the highway in the
road-warrior-diesel-Scirocco.....

*sigh*

Dan Snow (Tampa, FL)<- PCD sufferer
'87 16v Scirocco
'87 16v    rocco (?-car-trailer)
'82 Scirocco (diesel)(42~50mpg)
'81 Rabbit Sportruck
'87 16v Scirocco (the back-up shell that gives, and gives and gives...)