the "I made it home OK" thread

Left minutes after Greg's group.  Got home about 7:45p eastern.  Made good
time.  Didn't want to split up from Jan, Jim, Timbo and Eric.  It kind of
told me that things were just about done for this year.  Tony and I headed
on south towards MD, though not as talkative as we had been before the split
with the others.  Always about 30 miles or so behind Greg's group.  Finally,
as they crossed Sideline Hill, we were 50 miles behind.  Hopefully, I still
made it home before Brian.  LOL.  ("Leave an hour after us so we can have
lunch with you at the halfway point.")  Left Tony on 70 as I took my exit,
shouting "Tell Rodolpho he did good!" into the radio.  Heard him say "I
will" and then he was out of range.  Once I got home I laid down in an air
conditioned room for 3 hours, watched Simpsons and Sopranos, ate some food
and now feel relaxed (the feeling of sitting in a vibrating Scirocco moving
at 70+ has finally worn off).

Sights along the way?  A nice silver Ghia on the other side of 71 that no
one else saw :\ ... the aftermath of a couple of nasty accidents just
waiting on tow trucks to remove the metallic carcases...  sun, rain, sun...
and a few people looking longingly at our cars... might have been more than
a few if we had had more in our caravan, like maybe.... 4 more?  ;P  :D

Assuming the same weekend next year (and if, for some unknown reason it's on
the second weekend, would we really want to make ourselves wait OVER ONE
YEAR!!! for the next Cincy???  I don't think I could handle a wait that
long.), I will be leaving my house in 361 days, 6 hours, and 50 minutes.
Who wants to caravan?

Finally, I leave you with this:  I kind of wish we had a lister named Rocko,
so if he asked me for a favor, I could respond "Sure, Rocko!"

I think it's time for bed...