the "I made it home OK" thread

Took about 9.5 hours this time, down from the 12 out there (a f'n
debacle, I tell you).  I still need to cut back on stop times (lost
over an hour that way).  It's an 8-8.5 hour trip at best.

40 minutes of the coolest, high mountain backroad driving in West
Virginia eVAR!  Roads were rated at 55 mph but I could only manage 60
mph in the rain since the Frau's suspension was so soft and pliable
and untrustworthy - not Scirocco at all. You are running at the top of
the mountains on single lane roads (not like the highways that cut
through the mountains farther down in elevation).  Looking out over
everything else was cool.  And it cut about 30 minutes out of the
stupid rt35 crap.  Best backroads imaginable.

Finally:

Taking a wizz in a Propel(c) water bottle at scenic Lookout Point
overlooking the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia at near-dusk all by
yourself because you just don't wanna visit another Rest Area =
PRICELESS.

lol