Crankcase Breather and Coolant Temp

On 8:55 am 07/31/06 "Eric Marsden" <marsden.eric@gmail.com> wrote:
> Couple questions real quick.....I ordered through the dealer some of
> the parts for the crankcase breather on my '88 16v.  I figured out
> where some of the hoses go but one end heading towards the battery
> seems to just end so I had to throw a generic snomobile engine
> breather on the end.  In putting my radiator back together I noticed
> what appeared to be a spot to slide a hose over on the back of the
> fan...is this where my crankcase breather hose should connect or isd
> it for something entirely different?

That hose has three openings that I can see, one big one goes on the
crankcase, connected at the front/midline of the engine, the little one
goes on the intake manifold right by the cold start valve, and the other
big one goes on the base of the airbox. The little one can develop cracks
that you won't see, and makes the car run like absolute death.

I can easily check anything in that engine bay for you, so LMK if there's
anything else. Assuming that mine's correct, of course!
Cathy