Crankcase Breather and Coolant Temp

Couple questions real quick.....I ordered through the dealer some of the
parts for the crankcase breather on my '88 16v.  I figured out where some of
the hoses go but one end heading towards the battery seems to just end so I
had to throw a generic snomobile engine breather on the end.  In putting my
radiator back together I noticed what appeared to be a spot to slide a hose
over on the back of the fan...is this where my crankcase breather hose
should connect or isd it for something entirely different?

Drove the car around for a bit after completing replacing the coolant hose
and breather assembly.  The temp runs above half on the temp scale..is this
normal or am I correct in thinking that temp gauge should be halfway and no
more?

Also the 02 sensor the previous owner put on the car is nonheated...would
this effect my engine temp as well as engine performance as a whole?

Thanks for the help in advance..some issues the service manual just doesnt
cover...ei. proper hose placement