was Oil companies/now mpg

As I said in my post:
"I'd try to fill up at the same indicator level every time and would, on
average, take about 10.5 gallons, give or take about .3."

To dumb it down a bit:
The average 10.5 gallons would fill the tank.  I actually kept a log for
several months and did my calculations based off of the amount it took to
fill the tank and how many miles were driven.  Therefore, since I knew my
tank was full when I started, and it took 10.5 gallons to fill 'er up, and I
drove 350 miles I could assume a rough MPG of 33 for that tank of gas.  I
know there are many variables involved but I consistently got the same
results.  City/Highway conditions were also considered.  Rarely did I get a
chance to do "pure" highway driving.  But when I did, I'd put a little star
next to the results.  Big picture being, on average, I got more out of a
tank of gas using Shell than any others.  The BP results were so bad, I
avoid them completely now.  Shitgo, Exxon, Texaco and Hess were about even.
Where I lived allowed me to sample the same brand from different stations
with the exception of Hess.  They only had one station that I knew of in my
section of Jacksonville.

Hope that clears it up for you Larry.

Craig