'87 16v FS

Got this e-mail the other day and thought I'd pass it
along.  The car is apparantly in Boston Mass.  He sent me a
few pics which I can forward to interested parties.  E-mail
him direct with questions.

--- Derek Whitaker <derekhot@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi there--
> I was given your email by my friend Hilton Herring at
> Automotion in Chapel Hill.   Hilton is the one who
> originally found my 1987 Scirocco 16v and has done most
> of the work on it.   My wife and I are buying a brand new
> car and would like to sell the Scirocco, so Hilton
> suggested I contact you, thinking that you might know
> someone who'd be interested.
> The car now has 148,00 miles, is a black 16v with an
> Autotech exhaust , Ronal 15" wheels with new tires,
> Neuspeed Softsport springs, Boge pro gas struts, new
> distributor, new fuel pumps (2), timing belt replaced a
> couple of years ago.     It's a daily driver.    The car
> does have some body damage down the passenger side, from
> a glancing collision with a deer.  Not a direct hit that
> did any structural damage, but unfortunately dented the
> front quarter panel right at the turn signal (which works
> again), then went on to dent the passenger door and back
> quarter panel, and its antlers put a small dent in the
> hood.    The AC/heat fan motor is new, but the system
> needs to be charged.    I can send along some photos as
> soon as my wife gets our camera back from work ;)
> If you do know anyone who'd be interested, please pass
> along my email which is derekhot@earthlink.net or my cel
> which is 617-504-2374.
> I paid $2400 for the car (with 88,000 miles) and have put
> thousands into the engine, wheels, suspension, but of
> course the body damage will lower its value.    It's been
> a great car and even my wife is a bit sad that we're
> selling it, but I simply need a new car for my work.
> Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
> Derek
>
> Derek Whitaker
> derekhot@earthlink.net

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco                 '81 Scirocco S 16v to be?
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172