ARP head stud questions...

LEF wrote:
> Doesn't matter what type of fastener you are using, you must achieve a certain clamping force to keep the head/block together.
> Aluminum heads or iron heads; doesn't matter...you aren't screwing the bolts/studs into the head, you are screwing them into the cast iron block.
> See my other post on this subject; I don't think 70ft/lbs is nearly what the design engineers had in mind.
> I'd get more information before I fired that baby up......
>
> larry
> sandiego16v

Larry,
  Could you please search on a topic before you demonstrate that you
don't have a fucking clue?  ARP studs are special, forged headbolts,
they are not stretch at all.  Therefore, since they made the fucking
things I think they might have an idea of how *best* to use *their*
product.  if you disagree, you are arguing with Smokey Yunick (sp?), not
me or Mark.

Sorry man, but to do anything else but reply in the manner I have chosen
would be unAmerican...  :-P

David