Oil companies/ Oh Canada

I wrote:
> It's my favorite shirt and I don't open beer with it so it
> doesn't rip at the bottom anymore.

Yes, it's Made In Canada.  And it lasted.  The wife calls it guy
lingerie which I think is a Qu?becois game show host.  The guy who gave
it to me still owes me dinner at The Cities' best steakhouse, Manny's,
(where he works) for doing his Corrado ignition switch.  If anyone ever
asks you to do that, decline.  It's a motherfucking sunnovabitch and
they won't pay.  Maybe I should go there someday and bug him.

Where'd everybody go?  I was just getting started.

Yes, I am a chemist (though not a petroleum chemist) with a
reality-based interest in the geopolitics of our current oil conundrum.
  I'll take off my troll hat to answer any questions about the gas
supply and prices if you want.  It's hard to provide enough info
sometimes so just ask if you don't understand something.  Or tell me to
shut up if you're too dumb.  Cali folks mostly buy gas from tacoland, we
midwesterners fill-up with canuck juice, and the South and East get the
biggest jumble that's possible.  Overall, North Americans use more oil
than anyone and put together we are all faced with stark problems if the
supply chain is disturbed in any way.

Diesel or JetA being "less refined" implies that it should be cheaper to
do so but in reality everything has to "pay a visit to the commish" or
"nip off to the local for a pint" or "milk the beaver" or whatever you
say where you are when it comes to refining.  The cost is the same and
you may think you don't use diesel if you don't drive a diesel but it
hauls everything you buy at Target or FagMart.  You use it.

And the oil needs to get to you from Bumfuck, Alberta, or Kalashnikov,
Venezuela, or Bj?rkl?ve, Norway, or Gayflogi, Saudi Arabia via a
convenient tanker, refinery, and pipeline.  Most people don't even ever
see gas or oil anywhere along the way; mechanics do but everybody else
just believes in it.  It's pretty fucking magic if you think about it.