Brake Failure (In garage not on the street)

Hi Brian & Allyn,
    Brian, I agree with Al; sounds like you were in gear. If the brakes were
on for any reason there would be no movement, but you said it would roll a
little. There's some play in the driveline; whether you push forward or
backward there'll be some movement before you tighten up all the slack (and
then you're working against engine compression). And if it's in gear, it'll
feel sort of like it's "bouncing" at the end of the range.
    It isn't uncommon though for an infrequently driven car to have balky
brakes, you can get a little rust between pads and rotors which tends to
bind them together. But you pushed the car out of the way before having the
problem... so that's probably not it.
    But try this; put all four corners up on jack stands, then release
parking brake. Test all four wheels turn freely; then apply brake pedal.
Check they're all locked up. As your helper releases brake check that each
wheel releases quickly and without drag (you'll need to repeat this for each
wheel). This will tell you if one of the wheel cylinders or calipers is
sticky.
    But probably you were just in gear.
    For the Brake Master Cyl; first check fluid level. If that's OK, check
for leaks, then try bleeding/ flushing new fluid into all four corners. If
the pedal is still going to the floor, check for leaks again, if none found
then you've almost certainly got a bad Master Cyl.

Good luck, Karl