DPR question

OKay, here's the sequence: Took the 16V for a drive, she felt a bit doggy,
so I hooked up the harness to check DPR current. No current indicated. So I
check the O2 sensor, no voltage there, so I replaced the O2 sensor ( it was
old) and figured that was the reason for the no current situation. So I
hook up the harness again, still  nothing, and I notice ther is no change
in the idle when I hook the harness up (it usually revs a bit higher with
it hooked up than it does with the plug disconnected.)

So I figure it's a problem with the harness, I proceed to construct what I
consider to be an even better one, and same thing. I figured the harness
was still the problem, but it has good continuity. So now I'm suspecting
that my meter is pooched, is that likely? Just curious, and eager for any
other input, I'd like to get at mix right before the trip to Waterfest.

BTW, the car has a rough start issue, but otherwise she's making me smile :)

I'll still drive Klaus whenever I need to go somewhere though. He makes me
smile too!

Oh, and a PS to the "Mark's place trip". Puttering around, yeah, he was
being nice, it was more like I was hanging out doing nothing useful. Mind
you, progress had become less of an option with the head of the engine that
was getting swapped not being there. I'm betting he'll have that together
and running for Waterfest. And as always, it was fun!

Cathy