G60 swap questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordy Stedman" <ydrogs@gmail.com>
To: <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 5:27 PM
Subject: G60 swap questions

Calling out Phil, Corey and all the other G60 swap gurus. I am trying to
think of all the parts I need to get to swap in the motor and front brakes
from a wrecked G60 Corrado.  Am I OK in just getting the motor and using my
020 tranny so I do not have to swap over the the cable shift?
-------
Yes, as per German Transaxle in Bend OR.  You may want to send it off to
them or someone you trust though, if it has say 100K or more, and has never
been overhauled...
-----------------------
  Can I use a
standard 210 clutch?
---------------------
If you went 020, you would have to be.  Depending on your driving style, you
may want to spend some money on a high-fallootin' clutch (read that as
high-dollar).  I have no experience with those, perhaps someone else will
offer you the best choice there...
-------------------
 I intend to get the engine, supercharger, fuel system,
inter cooler and all the piping.
------------------
G60 guys use our fuel pumps as an upgrade, no need for the Corrado Fuel
system.  Or did you mean FI?
  The wiring is bad so I will need to source
some from a different vehicle later.  On the brakes, I was just going to get
the front calipers and disks but will I also need to get the master
cylinder, booster and pedal assembly and any proportioning valves?
----------------------------
The master is necessary, but if I were you I would get a new one.  They can
be had for about 95.00.  They aren't bad about going out necessarily, I
personally just don't like the idea of a used master cyl...
-------------------
  Is it
worth my money to get the rear brakes also and swap over the entire system?
TIA for your help and any tips would be very appreciated.
---------------------
Not in my opinion...  I am not sure if it even bolts up....
Other news is that I have the wrecked 77 behind my truck right now!  Can't
wait to get her home and start inventorying all the parts.
Coolidge....  :-)

Cheers,
  David

--