Fuel System Q's

It all depends on what kind of fuel management system you are using.

When I put the G60 roc together I ripped out all the lines, the accum, the
pump, everything.  I put in a new pump and fed it from the tank.  Ran
lines to a fuel filter (put it in the rear that time) and then all the way
to the fuel rail.  It was easier as the pump was already going and the
digi-2 does not require the high pressure of the cis, so an aftermarket
pump was a good option.

On the '78 turbo I stuck with the CIS so I kept the bosch pump and accum.
I cheated on the connectors to the accum, I simply cut the hard line with
enough to get a good section of hose over it and clamped it to the hard
line, that way the original factory connector from the line to the accum
still works :)

The accum is used to smooth out the pulses that the bosch pump generates
in the fuel supply. So you will have to decide if you need one or not
depending on what you are doing...

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - Daily driver project,
'65 Ghia Coupe
95 Eurovan, etc, etc... :)

"Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
Sent by: scirocco-l-bounces+cory_langford=bcit.ca@scirocco.org
Jan 20, 2006 11:54 AM

Cory_Langford@bcit.ca
cc
scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject
Re: Fuel System Q's

What was the source for the fuel line and connectors?
Did you keep the rubber lines and the accumulator or replace them?

I fiugure if the motor and electrical system are not stock then I could up

grade the fuel delivery system as well. Thats why I'm asking about the
accumulator etc...

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
DSM4 entry: "Masochism: See Scirocco"