Fuel System Q's

--- Cory Langford <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca> wrote:

> It all depends on what kind of fuel management
> system you are using.
>
> When I put the G60 roc together I ripped out all the
> lines, the accum, the
> pump, everything.  I put in a new pump and fed it
> from the tank.  Ran
> lines to a fuel filter (put it in the rear that
> time) and then all the way
> to the fuel rail.  It was easier as the pump was
> already going and the
> digi-2 does not require the high pressure of the
> cis, so an aftermarket
> pump was a good option.

<snip>

I want to piggyback on what Cory said;

First thing that popped in my head was fuel pressure
needs- CIS is one of the highest pressure systems,
(not counting some strange ones), one reason is the
kind of injectors we use.

Another thing to concider when grafting parts on is
the 'draw from the bottom vs draw from the top' type
systems. (As in One pump or Two). I belive the singe
pump system components, like those used on the early
A1s, were more robust vs the later 'siphon of the top
of the tank with a pre-pump' system stuff.

Could be nothing to worry about But I'm looking at an
A2 Filter/Accumulator/Pump all-in-one thingy of my
own, it's attached to a subframe (with isolation
rubber mounting!) but it's not quite a plug and play
for the Mk1 Roc.

TBerk