[wtb] 3a block & 5-spoke wheels (possible trade feeler)

The '85 Scirocco 1.8T/Tec3, that I'm picking up on Thursday, is supposed to
have those wheels on it. If the wheels are in good condition, I'd sell the
set for $100, and I'd accept a set of straight 100mm late A1 hub carriers as
a partial trade.

Thanks Dave Winchell, for hooking me up with the car!

$300 is a good deal for the 3A long-block, if it includes the ignition
distributor, the injectors, the intake manifold, and the injector
hold-downs. I have a 3A long block in my '83 GTI, and it's the ideal 8V
engine for the Mk.1 Scirocco.

I just drove a stock '78 Champagne Edition Scirocco, Jeff Smith's new
Scirocco, and it's the slowest Volkswagen I've ever driven, and Jeff agrees.
I don't know what's up with this car, but it's not the engine, because I've
driven several other '78 Scirocco 1.5L's and they ran very close to a 1.6L.
The Steve Langford turbo kit I sold him should change that... ;)

Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...