now standard 16v brake upgrade questions

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:02:44 -0800 (PST), Phil Boeye
<rocco_phil@yahoo.com> wrote:

>So this is for my DD 8v that I want to upgrade w/ 16v
>front brakes (can't seem to get ahold of rears easily
>these days):
>

>PROP VALVE: if I install the 10.1" 16v front
>carriers/calipers only, can I use the 8v prop valve?
>Do I even need 16v front carriers?
>

>PRICING: a guy is willing to sell me the following:
>
>16v MC
>front prop valve
>front carriers
>front calipers
>
>He wants $100 for it.  Opinions?

My proportioning valves are for the rear brakes.  Look like this:
http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/brake.jpg

The whole setup was from an 87 16v.  The front calipers bolted to my
original 75 carriers.  I think you'll need the booster as well to
improve the pedal feel.  Without it, it may require more foot power.

You can do without the rear discs and probably stop just as well but I
paid about $150 for the whole setup.  Front calipers/pads, m/c,
booster, prop valves, rear calipers/pads, e-brake cables, misc. lines
and mounting hardware.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9