now standard 16v brake upgrade questions

On 9:02:44 pm 01/11/06 Phil Boeye <rocco_phil@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So this is for my DD 8v that I want to upgrade w/ 16v
> front brakes (can't seem to get ahold of rears easily
> these days):
>

> PROP VALVE: if I install the 10.1" 16v front
> carriers/calipers only, can I use the 8v prop valve?
> Do I even need 16v front carriers?
>

> PRICING: a guy is willing to sell me the following:
>
> 16v MC
> front prop valve
> front carriers
> front calipers
>
> He wants $100 for it.  Opinions?

No idea, depends on if it all works I guess, but as for the rears? Forget
looking for used and get new/reconditioned ones. Mine are the fourth set,
and all the used ones I had sooner or later displayed the usual non-working
Ebrake, not so bad unless you have it stick in the "on" position, or
actually want one that works. I'm kind of a fan of new brake parts, or as
near new as possible, carriers and such, sure, not an issue. Mind you,
that's a big price difference...And make sure your wheels will clear the
calipers.
Cathy
Cathy