2008 scirocco

> I have to more-or-less agree, it's not a bad looking
> car. But like everyone else, I worry that it will be
> an overweight pig.  It needs to be kept light, SIMPLE,
> and perhaps take a few more styling cues from the original.

I've given up on light in a mass produced coupe. I'd settle for small. For
the foreseeable future stronger more rigid frames, airbags, stereos, sound
deadening, and a zillion other features are all 'must-haves' and no big
automaker will remove any of these. However, there is no reason to make cars
as big as they are today.

My RIP C230 was heavy and I did not have a problem with that, it was the
overall dimensional size that I did not like. It ran like a dream, handled
great, and I do miss the quiet. The best example of big for no reason is the
new Mustang. It looks great, but if they shrunk in my 20%+ in every
direction it would be a thousand times better. The same goes for a bunch of
other cars currently on the market.

This is why I lust after roadsters more then coupes these days. I will not
even allow myself to sit in a Lotus Elise because I may not get out of it!

Leaving for Baltimore in 15 min.

-Marc