OT - Bugatti, Rolls power meter

I was doing my normal commute today, and I was gassing it in 2nd and
3rd gear to shoot through some traffic.  It got me to wondering how
much of my cars 108.5  (dyno'd) hp I'm using.
The new Bugatti Veryon and the Rolls Royce both have power meters, to
tell you how much you're using at any given time.
How do they measure this?  Is it similar to the vaccum gague fuel
economy gages I've seen in other cars? How would such a meter work,
and *could* a similar device be fitted to the car of one's choice?
Alright, all you technical engineer-type people, surely you've got ideas!

GP

--
Aronsons First Law
People who do crazy things are not necessarily crazy