OT - Bugatti, Rolls power meter

Those Palm pilot based "performance computers" (similar to the GTech
etc) use the OBD2 diagnostics to estimate Hp.  From what I've read
they're not as accurate as a good accelerometer version, but
apparently they can calculate it from the engine parameters and speed.
 And I would imagine that the Bugatti and Rolls use slightly more
sophisticated sensor networks than basic OBD2...
The only calculations I know of dealing with Hp all revolve around
measuring torque, though, so I don't know off hand what the equations
and such would be.

Makes me miss my fuel economy gauge and in dash computer thing in our
BMW, though.  That thing is great - Fuel economy, average speed,
timer, time at destination prediction, range on fuel remaining,
outside temp...

-Grant-