Decarbonization

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Steiner" <steiner_ca@hotmail.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: Decarbonization

> Actually what I'm talking about is a two part process that involves
opening
> up your fuel system a bit.  Here's what I found online that sounds similar
> to what the tech was telling me:
>
> The MCO unit's red and black lines are connected to the engine through
> specific Motser adapters, temporarily taking the place of the engines fuel
> supply system.
> The MCO unit operates on the vehicle's battery power, it passes a potent
> mixture of petrol and carbonout fuel system detergent over the components
of
> the engine fuel system:
>
> First phase: with the engine warm but not running, the MCO unit removes
> deposits that built up in the fuel rail, injector screens and pressure
> regulator while filtering out the contaminants in the integrated filtering
> system.
>
> Second phase: with the engine idling, the petrol detergent mixture passes
> through the injectors, or injection pump (diesel), or carburetor jets,
then
> through the intake manifold and finally into the combustion chamber.
Carbon,
> gum and varnishes built up in these areas are systematically softened
> dissolved and broke apart then ejected out harmlessly through the exhaust
> system.
>
> The process with labor and tax costs about $110.  At least in Jax, FL.
>
> This is the first time I've ever heard of this.  Tech said it's something
VW
> started recommending about 7 months ago.  Sounded like he was talking out
of
> his ass, but maybe it's legit.
>
> Craig Steiner
> '88 Alpine White 16V

I just now had a chance to read this...

The only thing I know of that sounds similar is BGs' new induction cleaner.
ISC, induction system cleaner?).  Apparently it works alright, all I know is
it is some caustic shit.  Just last week, a mechanic did not completely have
the lines connected to the car, and ended up spraying himself in the eyes
and face.  It is -really- caustic...

I have not heard how horrible a car was before, and how great it was
afterward though.  I do know that we sell a lot more ISC under warranty than
we do 44K though (a fuel additive like Techron...).

HTH

David