Decarbonization

Actually what I'm talking about is a two part process that involves opening
up your fuel system a bit.  Here's what I found online that sounds similar
to what the tech was telling me:

The MCO unit?s red and black lines are connected to the engine through
specific Motser adapters, temporarily taking the place of the engines fuel
supply system.
The MCO unit operates on the vehicle's battery power, it passes a potent
mixture of petrol and carbonout fuel system detergent over the components of
the engine fuel system:

First phase: with the engine warm but not running, the MCO unit removes
deposits that built up in the fuel rail, injector screens and pressure
regulator while filtering out the contaminants in the integrated filtering
system.

Second phase: with the engine idling, the petrol detergent mixture passes
through the injectors, or injection pump (diesel), or carburetor jets, then
through the intake manifold and finally into the combustion chamber. Carbon,
gum and varnishes built up in these areas are systematically softened
dissolved and broke apart then ejected out harmlessly through the exhaust
system.

The process with labor and tax costs about $110.  At least in Jax, FL.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this.  Tech said it's something VW
started recommending about 7 months ago.  Sounded like he was talking out of
his ass, but maybe it's legit.

Craig Steiner
'88 Alpine White 16V