OT European Racing Colors?

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 05:19:45 -0600, Patrick Bureau
<patrick.bureau@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think you need to take a look at this web site..
>
>PS: Googled it : Country Colors Formula one...
>
><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_Formula_One_colors>

Here's another.  http://www.miata.net/misc/racecolor.html  It lists
Germany's official race color as white.  Silver is a manufacturers
(MB) color choice.  The story (lifted from Pelican Parts forum) as
I've heard it before regarding:

"Actually, the 'official' national racing color of Germany is white!
However, I think most people (including myself) consider silver to be
the traditional German racing color due to the 'Silver Arrows' of the
1930's (the Mercedes and Auto-Union GP cars). The change occurred in
May 1934 when Mercedes showed up at Nurburgring with their new shiny
white GP cars. They were weighed and found to be 1 kilo over the 750
kilo weight limit! Since the cars were built to very exacting
standards, there was absolutely nothing that could be removed. Except
the paint. They stripped the white paint and body filler (lots of it
due to the handbeaten aluminum body panels) and sprayed on a thin coat
of aluminum paint. And the rest is history."

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9