FW: Engine ?

Was wondering how the belt tensioner goes onto the 16v motor.  I put mine on
and it doesn?t turn but the belt slides over it ok?.just wondering if it is
supposed to turn.  Also how tight should the belt be?  I?ve tried to tense
up that belt by pushing the tensioner up and away as best I can but is there
any specific way??  How do I get the crank and camshaft synched up?  I
turned the motor to get the 1st cylinder at top level, then put the
vibration damper on to its position and the cam was in position too?.but
when I put the belt on and turned it over the timing mark on the vibration
damper was off ?.I dunno wtf I am doing?.

I also mated up the transmission to the block and was wondering how I know
if the splines mated up ok?  The transmission went on?.does that mean its
ok????  Or did I just wreck the thing.  Please get back to me with
info?..much appreciated from you pro?s!

Chadster16v2.0L