Engine ?

As long as it's been inside, I don't think the corrosion will be very deep. It will run. Probably what happened was you didn't cover the intake ports, so repeated condensation was allowed to collect and pool around the valve opening. It didn't happen to the other ones because the valves were open. If you can, pull the head off and wipe off all the gook and inspect it further.

----- Original Message ----
From: Chad <permitforpyro@hotmail.com>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:22:50 PM
Subject: Engine ?

Was wondering if my 2.0l engine is screwed.  There is some
rust/corrosion/precipitate on the valve stems and valve seats that I can see
in one or two of the intake ports.  The engine has been sitting for a while
in the garage in this cold weather.  I was wondering if the engine storage
spray I put into it and the fact that its still turning over by hand is a
good sign that it will still be ok.  It was running fine when I bought it
out of a 1991 Passat.  Any ideas or feedback as to what I should do prior to
throwing into the rocco is appreciated.  I was wondering if there is a
treatment that can be done to the vehicle after install to clean the crap
out of it or is it just gonna  wreck the motor?