Engine ?

Was wondering if my 2.0l engine is screwed.  There is some
rust/corrosion/precipitate on the valve stems and valve seats that I can see
in one or two of the intake ports.  The engine has been sitting for a while
in the garage in this cold weather.  I was wondering if the engine storage
spray I put into it and the fact that its still turning over by hand is a
good sign that it will still be ok.  It was running fine when I bought it
out of a 1991 Passat.  Any ideas or feedback as to what I should do prior to
throwing into the rocco is appreciated.  I was wondering if there is a
treatment that can be done to the vehicle after install to clean the crap
out of it or is it just gonna  wreck the motor?