Pulling the tranny - '81 8V

Happy New Years folks.

We're ready to pull the transaxle,  all the trans case bolts are out, the mounts
loose (except for the passenger side), and the engine is slightly lowered using
an engine hoist and jack under the tranny.

Is there a trick to pry or hit to separate the case from the bellhousing?
Is there a gasket on the case?

Also, there is quite a bit of oil leaking from the case at this point.
I didn't expect any oil here, does this mean a bad seal?

I've ordered a remanufactured clutch, which is about $50 less than a new one.

I plan to replace all the seals I can get at (not sure what they all are yet).
I also plan to replace the motor mounts while we're at this point.

Thanks
Ed '81S