OT: Stupid cheap camera fun

> Oh, and Grant? <http://www.wesjones.com/pinhole.htm> is the more technical
> article, and I have a table of (pinholes:distance to paper) that is useful
> for figuring out what pin to use. Here's one that shows the rig I used on
> my SLR <www.debevec.org/Pinhole>, but my images were much crisper than
> those on that site. After processing a second roll, I'd say my lens
> equivalent is closer to 50mm with a soft filter, which was exactly not the
> point for me, so off to the optics boxes I go tomorrow, in search of that
> hemispherical glass. I still miss the distortion of the coffee cans though,
> dammit. I seriously need to get a life.

Hehe.  I just spent the last 20 minutes annoying my roomates with this.
All I've got is aluminum foil so I poked a tiny hole in it, taped it
over the front of my D70, and set long exposures.  Got some
surprisingly decent images (based on what I can see on the LCD.  I
don't have a decent card reader on this computer so I'll wait till
later to see them full size).  Mostly I was just playing with general
long exposure stuff that could have been done with any lens.  What
sort of pinhole specific stuff can I try?  And using a flash seemed to
make no difference, oddly enough.  I was setting a 15 second exposure
and setting off my speedlight manually a couple times during the shot
and it made very little difference.  sort of strange.

-Grant-