OT: Stupid cheap camera fun

Okay, I know this won't appeal to many, but I also know that some of you
will try it. So I have my students build and use pinhole cameras every
semester (out of boxes and coffee cans mostly), and I usually build a new
one, this year it was from a really vintage looking coffee can. And it
works well, but it's got to be loaded a sheet of paper at a time in the
dark, and unlike a digital, you don't know what you have till you go to the
darkroom, though you can get pretty good at figuring it out.
Anyway, since I've been under the weather (very unusual for me), I was
surfing, and stumbled onto a guy's site where he took his 11 Megapixel
digital SLR and converted it to pinhole. It just has that DIY/high end
tech/ cheapass/ geek factor that all Rocco owners can appreciate. So I
converted my film camera yesterday, and hey, I have fairly decent images.
SO the mods will continue, I'm gonna raid the physics equipment for some
hemispherical glass next, for wide angle...oh yeah, let the games begin.
Nothing like being able to take crisp images and electing to shoot degraded
ones for fun....If you have an SLR, all you need is a body cap and some
copper foil. A 35mm camera needs a very tiny pinhole, like .0079", I think
mine's a bit big (my smallest insect pin is .0149"), so I may redo it.
Aperature should be about f125, so focus is not an issue...I'm guessing a
focal length of about 25mm, so it's pretty wide angle.

Anyway, I was pretty jazzed up about it, thought I'd share. What did you
pay for your last lens? I *made* mine!!! :)
Cathy
Today? Extension tubes!!!!!!