Was:Air/Fuel for CIS/CIS-E, now technotes

On 10:28:06 pm 02/20/06 Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
> Timbo wrote:
>
> "Your test harness is not so easy. You need to make it out of Junior
> power timer connectors so you can test in-line with your DPR
> (Diaphragm Pressure Regulator)."
>
> One edit: Should be *differential* pressure regulator, not diaphragm.
>
> Guess I'm not the only one who took that EXACT picture of Cathy's
> test harness!
>
> Nate

Well, often a duplicate or two's a good thing, at least there's one when
you want it. Hell, one thing these cars teach you about is redundancy! Who
doesn't carry a whole spare car with them to Cincy, come on, you know you
do...!
 And I was mentioning O2 sensor testing, but I've always tested its voltage
output to see if it's dead, and if it's not, that will give an indication
of how rich/lean you are if you're in the "narrow band" near correct mix.
Perhaps someone can word that up, explaining how it drops off quickly when
it's off the mark mix-wise, and what the target voltage is. (.7V I think?)
Can't remember without looking it up, so don't quote me, I actually have it
written down in the film can that "the photogenic harness" lives in, I so
frequently test the 02 sensor and DPR a the same time. Someone years beack
had a good post about how 02 sensors work too, it was interesting/informative, I'll see if I can find that if I think of it. Dammit...now I'm  going to have to find that...
Cathy