I miss wrenching on the roc!!!!! (I WANT CINCY)

On 10:19:49 pm 02/20/06 "Rhett Farnum" <rocco.crossing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, sitting here being bored, drinking, and waiting for laundry to
> get done, I am thinking of course about my cars! (imagine that!!)
> Since the future plans for my Cavalier are plowing through my head
> since the bondo in one of the rear 1/4 has cracked. I have been
> wanting to get bulding on the roc again. I have worked out a
> wonderful agreement with the guys I spend time at the garage with
> that all 3 of us can work on our projects and have our own little
> areas. The garage is about 25X60ft with 40ft being a second or "side"
> bay. The owner is getting the main part of the second for his 56
> Chevy streetrod truck, then me and my other buddy are splitting what is
> left for him to build his new motor for his '65 Formula Vee and me to
> POR15 my parts.

WEll, 24X40 minus a Chevy still leaves room for four Roccos, ask me how I
know, though my big girl's a Ford Pickup. That should be tons of room even
if you take off a parking space or two for the motor build and the axles.
Awesome, is it heated?

> My Rocco will soon be moved (hopefully next week) from the parking
> lot of my apt complex to the storage unit it was in last winter. This
> is where I will be pulling the rear beam, and all the parts i can get
> off from underneath that I can and then take them to the garage to
> POR 15 them. Once all the the parts are done and back on the car with
> the poly bushings I will be dragging it probably to another buddy's
> garage to POR15 the whole underside of that chassis and finish up the
> body prep and painting it there. I have chosen Chevy Arrival Blue for
> the color. Then, back to "THE" garage to put everything back together
> with my PF motor and 2H tranny. For now I am just going to keep the
> CIS as I don't have the time or money right now to go for MS. The
> only thing I may be doing is going to a solid lifter JH head since I
> have the connection on one with a G-grind for cheap.

Sounds like a lot for 101 days, just push hard and you'll get that car to
Cincy...and you won't even be in Kia parking!

> I just want the damn car to be back on the road so I can enjoy it
> once the weather warms back up!! And to be at Cincy!!
> Less than 101D 9H and 41M left!!!!

Yipes, it's so hard to believe, and as usual, I'm sure many miracles will
happen between now and then. AH, Cincy....:)

Cathy