I just got T-Boned coming home tonight.

On 2/15/06, T Berk <bayareaberk@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Don Walter <dswalterwi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes it could have been a lot worse.
>
> Well, bastard that I am (from a long line of Bastards)
> I 1st thought "Man- t-boned...", _then_ after I saw
> the pictures, I thought "Is THAT all?"
>
> ;])   8P
>
> <snip>
> > As for pain and suffering I think what she is
> > dealing with right now is more
> > than enough than what I would wish on anyone.
>
> As may be true but _shut_up_ w/ that kind of talk.
> Among Friends is one thing, but that kind of sentiment
> can be used against you later.
>
> > If I
> > just get reimbursed for
> > the car I would be happy.
>
> I'm not saying fake an injury but don't be an extra
> nice guy and hope for the kindness of strangers on
> this one. Watch yer back, figuratively and literally.
>
> Glad you're OK.
>
> TBerk

Glad you're OK as well, but as for the "reimbursed for the car only"
thoughts, you may be on the wrong track. I have been in a few accidents
(none my fault and none involving a roc) and my thoughts on the subject are
you will never get what your car is worth so take some medical money to make
up the difference. I'm not saying you should gouge the insurance company
with false pain and suffering complaints, but you were tossed around and you
said you were still and had some pain. They're going to lowball you on the
value of the car, but if you saw a doctor for the pain then that's worth
something. If you play it right you can get what you actually deserve
(actual worth of the car plus whatever medical bills you actually spend) if
you claim some pain and suffering now. Otherwise, if you give the insurance
company a free pass on the pain and suffering they'll have no problem
screwing you for the value of the car. If you want to fight them on this
it'll take forever and most likely cost you some lawyer fees in the long
run. Easiest way is to claim some pain and suffering to make up for the hit
you'll take on the value of the car and end up even and not have to take a
year to get it done.

BTW, I didn't tell you this. This list does not exhist. Her insurance
company is completely lying when they say you're only claiming injury
because you want more money than the pittance they're going to offer you for
your car.