Mega Squirt gurus..

This is an interesting thought although I doubt the KS unit is seperate for Digi 1. Just interupt the hall sensor to the KS unit and run it through the MS. That way you can control the advance and have KS also. You'd just need to keep in mind that the KS unit has a built in advance curve and what the engine sees would be the sum of the MS advance and the KS advance. Basically, your MS advance would be pretty flat.

>If you move to a crank trigger. Or if you are using and ABA block (that
>already has it). then you can move to wasted spark and drop the need for
>stock ignition. Coil packs off an ABA will work fine. Another option is to
>grab and EDIS system out of a 4clyn ford.

Should you go to a crank trigger the use the V3 board with MS I CPU and MSnS-e software. MS II currently does not support multi tooth crank triggers although they're working on it.

>Stuff you can re-use
>I am not sure about Megasquirt, but I suspect your IAC can be reused (
>simple 8v yes, PWM 16v I don't know).

16V IAC is not supported.
Dumb 8V IAC needs no support.

> Last I checked(Its been a while) Knock
>ignition retard was not supported.

MSnS-e supports knock sensing, but requires extra circuitry. Look here:
http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/knock.html

>Highly recommended
>WBO2 sensor

Agree. See the LC-1 at http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/
It's the least expensive unit out there.

>New stuff:
>Megasquirt -- Call Scott Williams

Not to be a dick, but balls to that! Scott's units start at $500.
Check out the kits and completed units at www.diyautotune.com or I can build you one and save a few bucks.

>Or you can wait till I get some VEMS units fully configured and tested for
>this application. And have it all ready for you to go WBO2 closed loop. But
>thats probably too far away for you.

Sometime in 2010 was the completion schedule I heard! ;^)
Just busting your chops Big(VEMS, VEMS,VEMS)Mac!

Dan