Slight electrical issues?

ok, so my wife picked up a 87' 16v recently and it has a few quirks.
it would bog down hard after any kinda of throttle usage. Tap throttle, it
would return to idle, sit nice for a second, bog. I found that to be a bad
set of throttle switches. Insultation was gone, parts of the wires
exposeed. Replaced that last night and now onto a different issue.

Now the car also has a noisey main fuel pump. I checked the in-tank pump,
it's working fine and doing it's job quietly. So I know the main pump is
going and is proillie drawing a lot of current as I hear they do as they
die.

Question is, how much do they draw in some cases. The new thing is that
the car will run fantastic and idle all day. However, when the cooling fan
kicks on, the engine bogs and runs just a little rough. Voltage drops, but
with the current guage, it's hard to tell exactly how much. So there is a
massive electrical drian somewhere and I was wondering if the main pump
could draw enough to cuase this?

Oh yea, one other thing. Cold starts are no propblem at all. However, once
the car (and everything else) is good and warm, the car is harder to
start). Sometimes while trying to start, it's like the battery is low, the
starter is bearly turning over the motor. However, when cold, there is no
issue at all. Any thoughts here? COuld the drain be enough that the
battery isn't getting a good charge?

All cabeling from the altenator to battery, to starter, to grounding
points has been replaced with much better guage wires then stock. Most of
it appears to be around 04 guage. Nice thick stuff.

Sorry for all the questions, but my 16v has always behaved itself
extreamly well and never presented me with issues like this. So I'm at a
bit of a loss.

William S.