Old style Dual Vac distrib. question

No valve of any kind in the line.

I noticed he temp switch in the carb section of bently, but not in the FI
section with the same distrib.  I am not sure if it is needed with the
warm up reg/aux air valve & cold start inj system.

Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net>
Feb 09, 2006 10:00 AM

Cory Langford <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca>
cc
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject
Re: Old style Dual Vac distrib. question

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:11:50 -0800, Cory Langford
<Cory_Langford@bcit.ca> wrote:

>Right now the rear of the can (retard?) is connected to the intake
>manifold, so it gets vac when the TB butterfly closed (idle).  The front
>of the can is connected to the intake tube so it gets no vac at idle, but

>I should assume it would get some vac when the TB is open (vac. advance?)

That's correct logic and hookup for a carburetor car.. should be the
same for your hi-tech fuel injection as well.  Do you also have a
water temp activated delay valve in the advance line?  (just curious)

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9