suspension opinions

> 16v springs on the front of an 8v? I don't think cutting one
> coil will be enough. Aren't the 16v springs longer or do they
> just have more tension to support the heavier front end?
>
> -Rob

IIRC, they are about the same uncompressed length.  Chopping a coil off of a progressive rate spring can lead to some 'odd' results
(assuming we are talking about aftermarket and not stock).  If they are stock 16v springs, it would likely take 2 full coils to get
a reasonable resulting height on an 8v, which would result in some really high spring rates up front.

HTH
Al